I am the Course Leader of the Postgraduate Certificate and Diploma Design for Visual Communication. I run career conversion and professional development courses for mature students wanting to study graphic design.
My teaching and design philosophy relates to my belief that an understanding of the fundamental design principles such as visual language (colour, form, structure, composition, etc), typography and information design is essential to being an effective visual communicator.
• I have organised exhibitions such as Siegfred Odermatt's 100+3 Poster Exhibition at the University of the Arts London
• I organised the International Society of Typographic Designers (ISTD) lecture series between 2000 and 2003
• I am on the ISTD Education Committee and am an assessor at the ISTD Student Assessment
• I have a Certificate in First Line Management
• I have a Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching
• I have External Examiner experience
• I am a University of the Arts London approved Chair of Exam Boards and Validations